IT Support & Cyber Security Specialist
ABOUT VERDEGO AERO, INC.
VerdeGo Aero is an aircraft propulsion technology company committed to powering the highest performance electric aircraft of all sizes. The VerdeGo team is passionate about enabling hybrid-electric powerplants to create a next generation of flying machines. This is not an incremental change but rather the 3rd major revolution of aircraft propulsion in the 120-year history of powered flight, disrupting the industry in ways not seen since the advent of the jet engine 75 years ago. Innovations in propulsion always lead to step changes in aircraft design. Aircraft and missions that were previously only seen in Sci-Fi fiction like flying taxis and airliners that take off vertically are becoming a reality through environmentally friendly high performance hybrid systems. VerdeGo’s hardware centric, reality bound philosophy has already delivered flight ready systems for R&D flight test applications. VerdeGo is one of the few companies in this technology space that has both product-based customer revenue and strategic investment. VerdeGo Aero’s headquarters is at the “World’s Most Famous Beach”, in warm and relaxed Daytona Beach, Florida. Daytona Beach is the home of the Daytona 500 NASCAR race, bike weeks, jeep week and the collegial environment of the largest university focusing on aviation and aerospace, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
VerdeGo Aero is seeking an experienced, highly motivated IT Support and Cyber Security Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will provide technical support to our corporate offices, and remote users, ensuring that our technology systems operate smoothly, and our staff have the resources they need to perform their jobs efficiently. The ideal candidate for this position should have a passion for technology, Cyber Security, and a strong commitment to customer service working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to research policies, procedures, standards, and guidance related to the protection of information and information systems
- Provide prompt, friendly technical support via phone, email, chat, and in person to employees across all departments
- Issues may range from internet connectivity, email, hardware, software, applications, AV equipment, and more
- Utilize sharp problem-solving skills to troubleshoot issues, run diagnostics, isolate problems, and implement solutions
- Identify trends and recurrent issues to implement preventative measures
- Install, modify, repair, and provide maintenance for computer hardware and software systems
- Set up new computers, laptops, phones, printers, and other peripherals
- Cleanup computers to boost performance // Offer virtual and in-person training sessions
- Create how-to guides, manuals, and training programs to assist computer users
- Collaborate with team members to brainstorm improvements and share knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in IT support and/or systems administration
- Proficiency in troubleshooting hardware, software, and network connectivity issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, Teams, SharePoint, and related technologies
- Microsoft 365 GCC High and Azure Government Experience
- Familiarity with Costpoint and Deltek desirable
- Experience in NIST SP 800-171 highly desirable
- Prior experience with CMMC compliance and IT / Cybersecurity management highly desirable
- Able to work with 3rd party vendors to understand and promote effective information security within organizational systems
Apply now and be part of the team that’s powering the electric flight revolution!
VerdeGo Aero, Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
WE ARE REDEFINING HYBRID ELECTRIC PROPULSION
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- The option to participate in VerdeGo Aero’s stock options program
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- And more!
Nothing matters more to VerdeGo Aero than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
To conform with International Traffic in Arms Regulars (ITAR), you must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or actively working towards obtaining the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.