ABOUT VERDEGO AERO, INC.
VerdeGo Aero is an aircraft propulsion technology company committed to powering the highest performance electric aircraft of all sizes. The VerdeGo team is passionate about enabling hybrid-electric powerplants to create a next generation of flying machines. This is not an incremental change but rather the 3rd major revolution of aircraft propulsion in the 120-year history of powered flight, disrupting the industry in ways not seen since the advent of the jet engine 75 years ago. Innovations in propulsion always lead to step changes in aircraft design. Aircraft and missions that were previously only seen in Sci-Fi fiction like flying taxis and airliners that take off vertically are becoming a reality through environmentally friendly high performance hybrid systems. VerdeGo’s hardware centric, reality bound philosophy has already delivered flight ready systems for R&D flight test applications. VerdeGo is one of the few companies in this technology space that has both product-based customer revenue and strategic investment. VerdeGo Aero’s headquarters is at the “World’s Most Famous Beach”, in warm and relaxed Daytona Beach, Florida. Daytona Beach is the home of the Daytona 500 NASCAR race, bike weeks, jeep week and the collegial environment of the largest university focusing on aviation and aerospace, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
VerdeGo is seeking a PROJECT MANAGER to assist with driving our hybrid-electric powerplant development projects forward. The successful candidate will have experience with development of project schedules in connection with hardware product development projects in aviation, automotive, or other industries characterized by high quality standards, focus on efficiency, innovative technology, and a rapid development pace.
The core function of the PROJECT MANAGER is to create project schedules and to track progress against the baseline schedules and budgets as each project is executed. The PROJECT MANAGER acts as a liaison between product managers who set overall project goals, schedules, and budgets and program managers who are responsible for execution of development projects. The PROJECT MANAGER’s role is very tactical and execution-focused in supporting the project team.
The PROJECT MANAGER’s role begins at the proposal phase. He or she will collaborate with the PRODUCT MANAGER and the PROGRAM MANAGER to build the Integrated Master Schedule in support of proposal efforts. The PROJECT MANAGER lives in the Gantt chart, keeping the project team focused and holding their feet to the fire. Besides managing the Gantt chart, he or she will track progress using Earned Value Management or similar analysis frameworks. ACWP, BCWP, and BCWS should be part of his or her vocabulary.
The PROJECT MANAGER role is steeped collaboration with internal team members, from creation of the baseline schedule & budget at the proposal phase through execution of the resulting projects. Good communication skills are vital, both at the interpersonal level and at the presentation level when briefing VerdeGo leadership.
The PROJECT MANAGER reports to the VP of Product Management.
- Participate in proposal writing efforts
- Create Integrated Master Schedules for development projects
- Maintain the Integrated Master Schedule on a regular basis
- Participate in weekly project team meetings
- Create and maintain charts for tracking concepts such as ACWP, BCWP, and BCWS
- Communicate the results of schedule and budget tracking to internal team members
- Accredited bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- 2+ years’ experience with hardware-related development projects
- Proficiency with MS Project and MS Office
- Basic understanding of Earned Value Management principles
- Excellent communication skills
- PMP certification beneficial, not required
- The ability to work with ITAR information on cutting-edge projects
- A desire to enable the next generation of novel aircraft
- Agile/SCRUM certification a plus
- Experience with US government projects a plus
Apply now and be part of the team that’s powering the electric flight revolution!
VerdeGo Aero, Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
WE ARE REDEFINING HYBRID ELECTRIC PROPULSION
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- The option to participate in VerdeGo Aero’s stock options program
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- And more!
Nothing matters more to VerdeGo Aero than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
To conform with International Traffic in Arms Regulars (ITAR), you must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or actively working towards obtaining the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.